Today’s my sweet mother’s birthday. It’s a biggie. I’m not going to put which one it is because she might get mad, and even though I’m 39, she can still put a smackdown on me. She’s a great mom who has taught (and continues to teach) me all I know.
1. Always have a lasagna in the freezer. You never know when you’ll need it to feed an unexpected crowd. Usually brought on by daughter inviting friends home.
2. Always wear lipstick before you go out the door. And perfume if you have a little “body odor”. Yes, she uses the b.o. word. Isn’t that a hoot?
3. Hide God’s word in your heart. She’s an amazing memorizer. And now she’s going back and re-memorizing in other translations.
4. Take a casserole to the sick person. It’s so hard walking through the valley of the shadow of death with someone, but she does it fearlessly.
5. Have a salad at every dinner. And “jello salad” counts! Yay!
6. Clean as you go. Ah, the lesson that hasn’t taken yet.
7. Never stop learning. You’ll get that Sudoku thing down, Mom, just give it a while.
8. Support your husband. I know better than to complain about him to her. I’ll just save that for my blog.
9. Get plenty of sleep. Do naps count? I’m really good at those.
10. Call your mama. Which I’m about to do. Because I don’t want a beating.