I’m playing along with Meredith, and decided to go with my ten favorite books as a child. Just click on the image above and go to her page to play along as well.
1. Charlotte’s Web, by E.B. White. Hands down, my favorite book ever.
2. Stuart Little, again, by Mr. White
3. The Black Stallion, by Walter Farley because who doesn’t go through a horse phase?
4. Strawberry Girl, by Lois Lenski
5. Cherry Ames Series, by Helen Wells. Cherry was a nurse and went on grand adventures. Oh, how I wanted to be like her, but then I got to high school and Chemistry kicked my patootie. This series is way out of print, but I stumbled upon them at a flea market a couple of years ago and it was as though I had found the Holy Grail. My husband thought I had lost my mind when I started to cry.
6. The Velveteen Rabbit, by Margery Williams.
7. The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis – again, another series and violating the letter of the 10 list law, because I now have more than ten on the list, but they must be on here.
8. Pippi Longstocking, by Astrid Lindgren
9. Are you there, God? It’s me, Margaret, by Judy Blume.
10. Where the Sidewalk Ends, by Shel Silverstein.
Now I want to go to the library. And cancel the cable guy who’s coming to install new channels….