1. Bat time: 7:30 this morning. Bat channel: At the kitchen table.
I’m in comfy pj’s ( not the cute matchy ones – think more along the lines of paint spattered holey t-shirt) Hair approximating what my children’s last school picture looked like. Barely one cup of coffee in me. Easing into the day with my husband who is up early to go golfing. We’d been sitting at the table for about half an hour, him checking the scores to see if his brackets were busted, me just trying to pry the eyelids open.
Dear reader, did he use ANY of those 30 minutes to tell me that we were going to have company come THROUGH THE DOOR and pick him up for his golf outing?
Umm, that would be a “no”.
2. Beloved husband rescued my spiral into evil thoughtness by calling me later with a funny story. They stopped at Dunkin’ Donuts on their way to the golf course and inside was a kid getting a huge ice cream cone.
At 8 a.m.
The mom turned a panic-stricken face to my husband and his friend and said “It’s his birthday. I told him he could have whatever he wanted. This is what he chose. What could I do? I’m really not a bad mom. See, it’s in a waffle cone.”
3. In a little while, I will be loading up three children and a wheezing cat and hauling everyone to the vet. I sense future blog material coming from this little adventure. I wonder if the vet prescribes Xanax. I know they prescribe Prozac because I have a friend who gives it to her cat. Every day. I think today my cat is going to have anxiety issues along with his wheezing. A little for him, a little for me…
4. And since you asked and JJ already outed me….
That would be me getting into my mother’s talcum powder while trying not to fall in the toilet. I’m a multi-tasker from way back. What impresses me the most is that my mother raised 4 children and was confident enough to take a picture of her bathtub.
And note that the white boots match the white barette. I’m fancy that way.
5. Nothing really to put here, but I cannot abide having a list that isn’t numbered to 5 or 10. I’m psycho that way.
Have a nice day.