Welcome to Post #99 of Carpool Queen’s Blog. I love the number 99. It reminds me of the agent on Get Smart – the original series – not the movie. Yes, I’m that old, and still waiting for the shoe phone. And the cone of silence.
I realize that you’re supposed to wait until the 100th post to do the “100 things about me”, but #1 on my list of narcissistic ramblings is that I really, really don’t like to be late. So I’m going to start a day early. And since this is my blog and I get to do what I want (control issues much?), I’m going to spread out my list over the next four days so as not to overwhelm you with the full picture of CPQ oddity.
I’m also going to do a daily giveaway because I love a party, and who doesn’t like to get stuff?! Today’s giveaway is a $5 gift card to Starbucks. To play, all you have to do is leave a comment. I know several friends are unplugging this week for Easter, so if there was ever a time to enter a sweepstakes, this is it. The odds are in your favor. (And FYI – I will be dark on Good Friday.)
Here we go (and remember, #1 has already been listed).
2. One of my more unusual summer jobs was being the “pancake flipper” at a convention center. Every day for 12 weeks I made over 2,000 pancakes. I rarely eat pancakes anymore and I never cook them.
3. I have also been a travel agent and a receptionist at a heavy metal radio station.
4. I do not like my food to touch on my plate, but I love casseroles where everything is mixed together.
5. I do not have a standard hamburger order. Sometimes I like cheese, sometimes not. Somedays it’s mayo and tomato only, other days it’s mustard, onion, pickle and lettuce. It drives my husband crazy. It’s my way of keeping him guessing.
6. My favorite comfort food is a grilled banana mayonnaise sandwich.
7. I will eat most anything except for organ meat.
8. The only way you could get the heater to work in my first car was to pop the hood and twist a couple of wires together. If it got too hot, I had to pull over and untwist the wires, or just roll the window down until I got cold, then roll it up again. I loved that car – it ran like a scalded dog.
9. I got my first speeding ticket at age 18 (see #8).
10. I got my second speeding ticket 15 minutes after my first.
11. My brothers bought me a radar detector for my college graduation.
12. I ADORE my brothers.
13. I dated 52 men before I met the right one.
14. I knew he was “the one” within 6 weeks – it took him CONSIDERABLY longer.
15. I am fiercely loyal to my friends.
16. “Petite” and “blonde” are four letter words to me, yet my best friend is…you guessed it…a petite blonde.
17. I have never been called petite.
18. I was the only girl in my family, yet the only kid to letter in a sport.
19. I was terribly insecure in high school and college, but secure enough now to acknowledge it.
20. I have watched Days of our Lives since I was 15.
21. I also watch C-Span.
22. When I was little, people used to tease me that since I was adopted, I might grow up and marry my brother. I grilled my husband when we started getting serious. Then quizzed his mom.
23. I will scream like a little girl if there’s a mouse in the house.
24. I cannot shut a drawer or a cabinet door. This annoys my husband.
25. It also annoys me because at least once a week I’m banging my leg in the middle of the night on the open drawer on my way into the bathroom.
Are you scared yet?
If not, come back tomorrow.
Or at least come back to see if you’ve won.
Have a nice day.