And the winner of the Starbucks gift card is…..
Amber who said in her comment that she never wins anything. Well Amber, there’s a first time for everything, and congratulations on winning on my 100th post!
Timestamp: 2009-04-07 03:18:51 UTC
And just one little note before we dive in. Y’all are a bunch of sissies on this banana sandwich thing. You know not of what you speak. Or as Whimzie says “You all up in my kool-aid and you don’t even know the flava.”
This is your Carpool Queen challenge for the day:
Take two slices of white bread and lay them on the counter in sandwich preparation mode.
Put a thin layer of mayo on the face-up sides (or skip the mayo if you are twitchy about it, but I promise you if it’s a thin layer, you won’t notice it…it just adds a nice tangy counternote to the sweetness of the banana. Didn’t know this was Food & Wine, huh?)
Slice a banana lengthwise and place slices on top of the mayo (one side only).
Sprinkle with white sugar and then dust with cinnamon.
Butter and grill until toasty.
Then take a bite, you doubters, and tell me what you REALLY think.
I double-dog dare ya’.
Today’s giveaway is a $5 gift card to Panera. All you have to do is leave a comment! (And by the way, when you use your gift card that you won, be sure and post of pic of yourself enjoying your treat. That way I feel like I’m with you. In a non-stalking sort of way. And if there’s not a Panera near you, I’m so sorry. Because you’re missing out on the cinnamon crunch bagel in all its carby goodness. And if you prefer Bruegger’s, let me know, because I can be flexible about either one.)
And back to my 100 things that we started yesterday….
26. When I go to sleep at night, I rub the tops of my toes on the sheets. I don’t know why.
27. I read the obituaries in the newspaper every day. Even if I don’t know the dead people. I just feel like it’s my duty as a fellow walker in this world to see them off.
28. I didn’t pronounce “car-a-mel” properly until I met my husband. It’s his pet peeve when people say “car-mel”. Carmel is the mountain, caramel’s the candy. Glad we cleared that up.
29. When my husband called to ask me out for our very first date (pizza and ice cream in Old Town Alexandria for those of you who love the details), I told him I’d go, but informed him that I was not going to consider it a date, that I would call it an “activity”. I also told him I was not going to dress up for him.
30. Amazingly, he still decided to go out with me.
31. I fought him for the last piece of pizza.
32. I still do.
33. I do not like to fold cold clothes out of the dryer. If I dry a load of towels overnight, I still turn on the dryer to warm them up before folding.
34. I can speak without fear before crowds of thousands, yet sometimes feel uncomfortable one on one.
35. I play Def Leppard at the loudest possible setting whenever they come on the radio. And bang my head. And imaginarily play the drum solo.
36. I am an alto.
37. I play the piano and the flute.
38. I have a secret crush on Brian Williams. Mainly because I’ve heard he does the grocery shopping for his family. And I am mesmerized by how he can go on and on and on about a topic when there’s really not much else to say (kinda’ like my blog, now that I think about it.)
39. It was my choice and desire to leave home and go to boarding school at the tender age of 7.
40. It seemed normal at the time and I was eager to do it, but now as an adult, I just can’t imagine how my mother had the strength to let me go.
41. There are days, however, much like yesterday, that I think I could find the strength.
42. When I was 12 years old, I told a friend that I wanted three boys.
43. Had I known God was listening to the desires of my heart at such a young age, I might have tacked on “one at a time”.
44. I have been uncomfortably close to bullets intended for other people. Within 10 feet uncomfortably close.
45. I have experienced a coup d’etat.
46. I have slept at night with a packed suitcase at the foot of my bed. This suitcase had a note pinned inside giving the address of my nearest stateside relative in case of emergency evacuation.
47. I am really okay with the last three statements for I knew then and know now that God’s hand of protection is always on me.
48. White tic-tacs make me sneeze.
49. I currently have a cobweb the size of Texas by my desk. It casts shadows and frightens the children. It’s oddly comforting to me. Like a special friend.
50. My doctor told me today to cut back on caffeine. It’s been a nice life…..
Tune back in tomorrow for items 51 – 75 and another chance at a giveaway! Thanks for helping me make this 100th Post Week so much fun.
Have a nice day.