So I’m cracking up at the Sydney Bristow comments from yesterday’s list, because THIS Sydney would have never left Michael Vartan for Ben AAA-FLAAAAC….
Let’s pause and have a moment, shall we?
We now resume regularly scheduled programming.
The winner of the Panera gift card is……
Timestamp: 2009-04-08 02:25:28 UTC
Congratulations, Becca! Get thee down to Panera with that sweet little daughter of yours and treat yourselves to some yummy goodness.
This week I’ve tried to use the giveaway as a way to give a little insight into my personality and interests. The Starbucks card was because I’m a big caffeine consumer (I’ve been drinking coffee since I was 4) and Panera is one of the places that I like to meet up with friends for morning girl time.
Today I’m giving away something that reflects what I do in my spare time.
I’m a novice knitter. It’s a little amusing to friends and family that have known me for a long time because it’s just not a hobby they would naturally associate with me. Take over small countries? Check. Sit in a rocking chair and make sweaters? Hmmm…let me get back to you on that. But knit I do, and I am learning to really enjoy it.
Today’s “thanks for reading and leaving a comment” prize is a set of two washcloths lovingly knitted by yours truly. Hopefully it will put a smile on your face and lighten the drudgery as you work in the kitchen or wipe off the table. You can pretend I’m doing the job for you.
And I’ll even let you pick the color.
It just doesn’t get any bigger than this.
Now back to the list.
51. My dad was afraid he’d yell at me and hurt my feelings, so he didn’t teach me how to drive. As a result, I’m the only one in the family that can’t drive a stick.
52. I flew back and forth to boarding school in a little six-seater Cessna airplane. We begged our pilot to fly roller coasters in the sky so that we could float up off our seats. He obliged, but made us swear not to tell our parents.
53. I am adopted.
54. I do not know my medical history, which is maddening to me and unnerving to my doctors. The upside is that they usually err on the side of caution and order the extra tests just to be safe.
55. I have this little thing for George Clooney.
56. When I was little, I wanted to grow up and be an Army nurse, for I loved Cherry Ames and wanted to be just like her. My dad told me to steer clear of government jobs.
57. I majored in Political Science and got my Master’s Degree in Public Administration.
58. I then went on to work for the federal government.
59. I love guacamole and can eat it by the bowlful, but hand me a slice of avocado and I can barely choke it down.
60. When I can’t sleep, I close my eyes and imagine I’m camped on the edge of a cliff right over the ocean, hearing the waves beat against the rocks below. Puts me right out.
61. I married at 26.
62. I am not a clothes or a shoes person, but I do love jewelry and a pretty purse.
63. I parent a child with cerebral palsy and autism.
64. I love to laugh and do so often.
65. I have seen a real angel – bright and shiny, but no wings.
66. Where I grew up, it was not uncommon for there to be communal i.e. “two holer” outhouses in the villages where my parents served. The last day I used an outhouse was the day a rat fell down from the thatched roof and landed on the seat next to me. I can’t even go into a modern porta-potty now. Nope. Not going to happen.
67. I once had a pen pal from France that I thought was a girl named Jean. You can imagine my surprise when he sent me a picture.
68. I visited Paris in 1997 and was determined to buy a French silk scarf that would be the talk of the town. I spent a small fortune on the scarf, only to get home and read the label that said “Made in Italy”.
69. I now want to go to Italy and buy a scarf that was made in France.
70. I do not have a favorite color. It changes depending on my mood. I’m currently in an orange phase.
71. I have no idea how I’m going to come up with four more things to finish this list out.
72. My least favorite chore is cleaning bathrooms.
73. A near-term goal is to own a beach house.
74. I like to try new things.
75. I have ordered the same sandwich at Subway for over 20 years (6″ Club on Wheat, all the vegetables, extra salt and pepper, oil and vinegar).
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow as I close out the list!
Have a nice day.