Are you sick of me? I’m sick of me! I have nothing left to say about myself. Zero. And yet I ramble, and give away cool things. First things first. The winner of the custom knit, one of a kind, available-only-here washcloths is……
Timestamp: 2009-04-09 00:55:43 UTC
Congratulations Elizabeth! Drop me a note and let me know what colors you’d like and I’ll get started on them right away.
And today is the final give-away for the week. And it is so dadgummed cute that I really just don’t even want to give it away. But before I tell you what it is, I have to tell you a story.
Yesterday was a crazy day for me, and I had intended on running out and finding a fun little trinket for the giveaway, but time got away from me. Because often time does slip away when you’re sitting in the living room of one of your favorite bloggers drinking coffee (shh…don’t tell my doctor) and catching up on what’s been happening since the last time you were together.
Can I just once again say how much fun Kellie is? And she is CRAFTY!!!! I did not know this about her. I knew she was creative, but truly, she is ridiculously accomplished.
While we were chatting and talking about whether I could learn to sew a curtain, she said “Catch me up on what’s going on in Blogland”, for she has been unplugged all week in observance of Easter. After making sure to point out that the rest of us felt like heathens for coming out to play every day, I told her that she was missing out on the daily giveaway on my blog.
She immediately perked up and said “Give away one of my aprons!” and she went and pulled out the most beautiful pink-piped alligator children’s apron that she MADE in all her fabulousness, and people, it is the cutest thing you’ve ever seen. I’ve never wished more for a daughter than I did yesterday. (And my son who wore it for this picture wished that there was someone of the female persuasion in the house to take over the duty as well.)
You must have this.
You absolutely must.
Made by Kellie.
Mailed by me.
And speaking of me….
76. Since I’ve had children, I cry at the drop of a hat. I think I still have hormonal imbalances that haven’t corrected themselves. Or maybe it’s new imbalances that are presenting themselves. Either way, I’m a wreck. Hallmark commercials? BUCKETS of tears.
77. Sometimes I hit the button to get directions in Spanish at the ATM. Or order in Spanish at McDonalds. Just to see if I’ve still got it and also to freak out the order taker.
78. When I was little I slept with the covers over my head and tucked around my body with only the tiniest of airholes for I was convinced that monsters lived under my bed and would grab me given the opportunity. As an adult, I still cannot sleep with an exposed toe, foot, or leg. Even in the dead of summer when it’s blazing hot outside.
79. I dream vividly and sometimes violently. I have smacked my beloved in my sleep more than once. And kicked him. And almost choked him once because I thought he was a vampire (Note to self: no more Twilight before going to bed).
80. I am partial to JIF peanut butter.
81. I put peanut butter on my waffles and it annoys me that one cannot get peanut butter for one’s waffle at the Waffle House.
82. When at the Waffle House, I order my hash browns scattered and smothered. With cheese eggs since I can’t get peanut butter (see #81).
83. My preferred way to eat scrambled eggs is with a side of refried black beans and tortillas.
84. Corn tortillas, never flour.
85. I still have my tonsils.
86. I will throw a party as an incentive to get my house cleaned.
87. If I invited you over to dinner, chances are I’d use the cloth napkins, light some candles and serve you in the formal (and the only) dining room. You’d most likely be served steak, a once or twice baked potato, and a salad if I knew you weren’t twitchy about green things. If you asked if you could bring something, I’d tell you “dessert”, because I’m not a huge dessert maker and I’m sure my kids would love to eat something other than a boxed brownie or banana pudding.
88. But I’m also spontaneous enough to call at 5 and say “Hey, we’re having tacos in thirty minutes and my house is a wreck. Wanna’ come over?” And we’d eat at the kitchen table or on the deck or wherever we could find a place to sit.
89. I prefer regular Coke over Pepsi, but I prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke. But since I don’t drink sodas anymore, I don’t know why I even bothered putting this in here.
90. I like having an answer for every question, and sometimes I’ll just make stuff up so as not to leave the question unanswered. The key is just to say it with confidence. This annoys my husband who relies on me to give him accurate information with which to complete his Sunday crossword puzzle.
91. Most nights, I go to bed around 11:30.
92. My alarm goes off at 6. What time I actually get up is anybody’s guess.
93. As much as I joke about feeding my kids cereal, the truth is that typically I will cook five nights out of the week.
94. But I don’t cook breakfast. Craig does. Every single day.
95. I am madly in love with my husband.
96. I madly love my drive-me-crazy kids.
98. I am grateful for my less than conventional life.
99. I can’t believe I made it to the end of this list.
I do believe I’ll make you wait until tomorrow for #100….
Have a nice day.