Good morning, dear Reader. I’m jacked up on a little too much coffee this morning but really, is there such a thing as too much? It has been a glorious morning already. We were out the door on time, there were no tussles in the car over the window seat (I think J’s just given up on ever sitting there – he automatically heads to the back), and we rocked out to a little Def Leppard the last three blocks to school.
And I was slightly amused that the children asked me turn down the volume. Mama does love her 80s arena rock……
I have a little bit of randomness here today, for I am scattered and unfocused.
1. First things first, a big shout out to my brother Paul for admitting to me that he reads my blog. I have the best brothers IN THE WORLD. They are all special to me for their own unique reasons, but Paul is special because he has never minced words with me and has always told it like it is. He’s not one to judge, and he helped me navigate the tricky college years by being my friend and confidante (and my home away from home since my parents were overseas). And he gave me the radar detector. ‘Nuff said.
2. I think Skype is a beautiful thing, but now my mother can see if my counters are clean. I need to rethink where I keep the laptop.
3. I smell like the tuna fish sandwich I fixed for J’s school lunch. I’d much rather smell like the Pringles that accompanied it. But I resisted.
4. Lauren is celebrating her 100th post today. Go over and give her a big “Woohooo!” and enter her give-away. And now I’ve lost you all to Lauren’s page, for I know how you all are about the give-away (ahem, Candace).
5. My friend Tracey posted this video on her Facebook page last night, and I absolutely loved it. First, because the contestant’s name is Susan, and second, because I can relate to her story. She quietly lived her life out of the view of the busy world, nursing a dream in her heart, and doggone it, she did something about it. Watch and be moved (especially since it took me 45 minutes and three calls to Whimzie to get it to embed properly), and then go do something you’ve always wanted to do.
Vodpod videos no longer available.