Once again, very late for Gretchen’s Monday Gladitude party…or very early for next week….either way, I’m just happy to be here.
1. I am glad for people who snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. I was at the dentist’s office yesterday signing consent forms, signing away my first born, turning over the contents of my bank account, etc. in preparation for my big appointment next week. On my way out, I stopped at the front desk to chat with the receptionist who happens to be my neighbor. As we were visiting, my neighbor mentioned to the hygienist standing nearby that I was a “nervous patient”. I thought that was kind of her. “Psychotic nutjob” can be off-putting.
The hygienist said she would try to be on schedule next week when I was in. Turns out she was abused as a child by her dentist . As a result, she was a high fear patient until she had gone to my dentist, had a good experience, and was liberated from that stronghold. She subsequently went to dental hygiene school for the specific purpose of working with high fear patients so that she could help them as well. While we were talking, she numerous times praised God for the redemptive work He had done in her life, turning something that had been so traumatic for her into her life calling.
2. I am glad for Ativan. For previous story notwithstanding, that redemptive work has not yet occurred in me. “Better living through chemistry” has always been my motto.
3. I am glad the boys still get excited about stuff. I never want them to lose their wonder and delight in new experiences. Today Tommy was beside himself with joy because he addressed (by himself) and mailed off the entry form for a LEGO building contest. Here’s his creation. He would want you to know it’s called a Terabird.
4. I’m glad I got to meet my friend Michelle for lunch today. And doubly glad that she brought her daughter Lyla. She truly delights me every time I see her. I probably ignored Michelle half the time we were there because I couldn’t take my eyes off this bundle of pink cuteness.
Isn’t she the cutest thing? I just love this little girl. So very much. Oh, and her parents, too.
5. I’m glad End of Grade testing has begun. Now the boys can stop obsessing over it. It’s only been the entire focus of their 3rd grade. Sigh.
6. I’m glad that I was honest this week about life stuff.
7. I’m glad that little things crack me up. Like following this truck that reminded me of Mater from Cars.
8. Glad that what I thought was a tumor on my arm turned out to be the baby beginnings of a muscle. I think the Shred is starting to work!
9. Glad that my husband was out of town so that I could eat more of the fried okra we had for supper last night. All’s fair in love and fried okra. I can get pretty territorial about it.
10. Glad that the boys are planning on serving me breakfast in bed for Mother’s Day (and glad that they’ll gang up on Dad and pester the ever living daylights out of him to make sure it happens).
Have a nice day.