1. Eleventy million people that had the same plan to attend the LEGO Store Grand Opening as I did. It was two hours of standing in line. One hour to to get in the store, and the second hour standing in the checkout line while the kids perused the merchandise. Note to LEGO Management: Please plan on having more than two registers open on opening day, especially if you have mailed out invitations to 9,498,574 little boys.
2. A nine year old that is a foot taller than his other triplet…
3. A 10,000 piece LEGO set that they are B-E-G-G-I-N-G for their birthday. Ummm, not going to happen.
4. Unfettered access to grab whatever they can fit in the bucket. And why did I let them do this? This is not my first rodeo, people. I know the havoc that LEGOS can unleash on my unsuspecting, tender, never-shod-in-the-house feet. Just.was.not.thinking.
5. A pizza that covered the table and yet wasn’t big enough to fill up the little ones after our intrepid adventure.
6. 3 eager boys + 1 room full of bouncy mattresses – 2 distracted parents who were trying to decide on the appropriate level of firmness = Xanax.
7. Brown Uggs on a 95 degree day (Look under the table- It’s a little sketchy and you can’t get the full effect becuase it’s missing the LONG SLEEVED HOODIE that accompanied the outfit, but I had to take the pic surreptitiously PLUS I had to file a workman’s comp claim after getting pegged in the head with a napkin launched by Mr. CPQ for snapping papparazzi photographs for this month’s installment of “What not to wear to the Orange Julius”. )
8. BK Lounge Onion Rings at the mini-mart. Few things make me more depressed than the changes BK made to their fries several years ago. They’re just plain bad. They’re so bad that I now order a side salad instead of the fries because a bunch of wilted lettuce drowned in ranch dressing is going to be boatloads better than what comes in that little white paper sleeve. I can’t imagine that stuffing them full of preservatives and serving them at the gas station at room temperature is going to be much better.
9. The bloom fading on the rose.
10. The Finger.
That was the last time you’ll have to see it.
Have a nice day.