1. I stopped by Clay Funk to pick up the plate that I painted a week ago with Gretchen. I was stunned pleasantly surprised when the clerk asked me “Were you inspired by the sample that I painted?”
Really, it was that recognizable?
2. I almost got in a wreck because someone tried to make a lane where there was no lane and I chose to show them the error of their way.
And they had the nerve to give me the evil eye.
Control issues much?
3. I bought my lunch at the grocery store from the sweet little Japanese man in the deli who always smiles and seems genuinely pleased that I would buy the food he has prepared.
I am genuinely pleased that I don’t have to cook it.
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.
4. I took the lunch with me to my nail appointment because I was running late and I didn’t think they’d mind.
Yay, they didn’t.
I did mind though that “Butterfly Kisses” came on over the radio because that song brings out the ugly cry in me, and had it not been for the technician choosing that exact moment to dig into my left toe with the business end of the orange stick, I would have been a big blubbering mess.
OPI’s Route Beer Float.
5. Travis lost another tooth.
In the car.
As I was pulling out into traffic.
And didn’t have a napkin anywhere in sight.
And now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go clean the interior of my car which resembles the inside of a slaughterhouse.
Have a nice day.