Ten things to do when your husband calls and gives you half-day notice to expect overnight guests.
In your house.
That vaguely resembles war-torn Beirut.
2. Panic some more.
3. Remember that Bible verse about not using bad language.
4. Briefly consider sinning boldly so that grace may abound.
5. Wonder if the toothpaste stripes on the bathroom wall could be considered room decor.
7. Wish you had cleaned house in the last three months days.
8. Consider torching down the house and blaming the squirrels that still live in the attic.
9. Text your husband and threaten to withhold all physical affection for the next ten years give him the opportunity to reconsider.
10. Kick it into gear.
My house is sparkling clean now.
I’m going to go have a nice day.