1. I’ve been trying to figure out the modern equivalent of a cubit and sourcing local supplies of gopher wood. It has been raining BUCKETS for 36 hours straight, and today’s forecast calls for more of the same. The boys had a school holiday yesterday, and we enjoyed opening the garage door and the back door to let the glorious sound of falling rain fill the house.
It was a little chilly, but that didn’t deter Travis from heading outside, shucking his clothes, and enjoying a 53 degree shower. He was one giant goosebump before it was all said and done, but the warm, fresh-from-the-dryer towel took care of the chills as did an apres-bath bowl of Lucky Charms.
2. I wanted to clean house in preparation of weekend company, but my inability to say no circumstances beyond my control kept me from doing as much as I would have liked. The nice thing is that this company won’t care because they’ve lived in close community with us for many years and I don’t feel any pressure to provide anything more than clean sheets and chips and dip.
Since it’s ImNotNed and his family, you can be sure that he’ll provide the laughs and any YouTube clips we’ll need.
3. Speaking of needs, Mr. CPQ asked me to start thinking about what I might want for my upcoming big birthday. I’m paralyzed by indecision.
4. Did you know they make fried sushi? And it’s delicious?
5. We watched a little bit of the CMA’s last night and I think it’s safe to say that Mr. CPQ is over Shania Twain after seeing Carrie Underwood shake her groove thang.
And I’m over the indiscriminate use of self-tanners after seeing Wynona Judd.
Have a nice day.