1. I’m back home now and happy to report that everything was exactly as I left it, right down to the pile of laundry by the back door. I’ve been straightening up and cleaning (you know, all that stuff I should have done before I left but flat out just didn’t do), and the Christmas decorations will begin descending the attic stairs tomorrow afternoon.
We’re not completely devoid of holiday cheer. I have a sack full of decorations that I missed stowing away last year and I was too lazy busy to return them to the attic, so they’ve been stashed in a closet. I’ve pulled them out and set them around the house, so we’re in that awkward “in-between” stage where I have Thanksgiving and Christmas going on at the same time.
2. There’s nothing like drinking coffee at your own kitchen table. I realize this makes me sound like I’m 95 and shuffling around the house in a bathrobe.
3. The boys were fantastic travelers this trip. I’m tickled they share my love for the open road (and again, I’m noting that by using the phrase “I’m tickled”, I sound 95). I did have to laugh at JJ on Friday afternoon as we barreled down the highway heading eastward. He kicked back in his seat, crossed his arms behind his head and sighed, “This is the life!”
Honey, if eating lunch in a Mississippi Waffle House with the inmate transportation van parked next to ours constitutes the good life, you’ve clearly got some continuing education to do.
4. The boys saw their daddy for the first time in two weeks this morning. He came in late last night from a business trip to Tampa with a Bucs football game thrown in for fun. I don’t know if they were more excited to see him or to see the rally towels that he brought them. I’ve already heard more than one scream this morning as they’ve popped each other with them.
Aahhhh, the gift that keeps on giving.
5. Speaking of gifts, I’m not quite done with my shopping. I still need to get stocking stuffers plus a little something for Mr. CPQ. He isn’t easy to shop for because he has this habit of buying himself what he wants without regard for impending gift-giving occasions.
December 23rd and he sees something he wants? Buys it.
I’m off to face my day and the librarian that wouldn’t let me check out more books until I returned the overdue ones. Little does she know that I found one of the boys’ library cards, so I’m back in business.
I’ll get you, my pretty.
Have a nice day.