1. The good news is that I lived to write this post. It was a sketchy proposition since I decided to use the six months out of date slightly expired cans of clams to make chowder last night, but a) we all lived to tell about it, b) the kids loved it, and most importantly c) it used three things in the pantry.
No harm, no foul.
2. Mr. CPQ and I had a fashion discussion yesterday over a new catalog that came in the mail. I flipped through it, bemoaning the lack of items with long enough sleeve and/or cuff length and then I announced that I was totally over buying things that almost fit or were a color I could sorta’ live with. In my “I am woman hear me roar” voice, I issued this declaration to which he replied, “Yeah, you’re at that point in life now where you’re not going to get many more bites at the apple, so you’d better make them good ones.”
Hmphh….at least I’m still biting through the peel….I think he’s getting closer to the core.
3. Speaking of eating, the new diet plan for my son is going well. He’s lost seven pounds since mid-November, which is pretty amazing considering the fact that we’ve traveled, celebrated two major holidays, and just navigated Bowl Week. I’m incredibly proud of him. It is not easy to be a ten year old and say “no” to a cupcake.
It’s not easy doing it at 40, either.
We’re tackling the exercise part of the plan with a little more vigor this month, so hopefully he’ll continue to make good progress. Our next check is in 3 months.
4. Whimzie finally got the hint and posted my tea mix recipe. I have been without it for a week now and was reaching epic depths of despair. I’m giving myself grace on the no grocery shopping thing to get the ingredients because given my slightly psychotic breakdown over its absence means that this purchase is for MEDICINAL purposes.
5. Speaking of medicine, did you know that Nyquil now has a new cherry vanilla flavor? This is throwing me into a quandary because I take the red version for regular colds and the green version for severe colds even though I realize there’s not an iota of difference between the two. I’m not sure how to throw cherry vanilla into the mix but I feel like I need to come up with a decision tree now so that I’m prepared should the need arise.
I wonder how it would taste with expired clams.
I may soon find out.
Have a nice day.