1. The house must have reached epic levels of disaster because Mr. CPQ suggested to me on Saturday afternoon that we have a dinner party on Sunday night.
He would tell you that he was merely trying to experiment with new rib rubs and marinades for upcoming BBQ competitions, but I think the fact that we couldn’t walk through the living room without tripping over something meant it was time to find me some cleaning motivation.
2. I love a feel good story so I’m happy that the Saints are going to the Super Bowl, but it’s causing me some consternation because they will be playing my favorite quarterback, Peyton Manning. I’m going to have to do some deep soul searching to know for whom to cheer during the one football game a year I watch.
Time to start planning the menu. I do something different every year, and I’m not yet sure what it’s going to be. One thing’s for sure, there will be cream cheese.
3. It’s a fairly quiet week for me. My one goal is to get four doctor’s appointments scheduled. You have permission to get on my case and hold me accountable for making the phone calls. I absolutely abhor going to the doctor.
4. Maybe related, I’m contemplating the concept of fear and how it hinders me.
5. I’m also contemplating the leftover potato salad in the refrigerator and wondering how long before I succumb to its siren song.
Have a nice day.