1. I didn’t win any Mother of the Year Awards this weekend because I sent the boys to school on Saturday for a make-up snow day. We made up for it with McDonald’s for lunch and two hours at a birthday party later that afternoon. There’s nothing like french fries and cake icing to erase the painful memories of sitting in a classroom when only half your classmates show up.
2. Mr. CPQ and I enjoyed a lovely Saturday morning date (see #1). We dropped the boys off at carpool at 7:45 and went out for breakfast. Before you get carried away about the cute cafe we went to, I’ll have to tell you that there were no cute cafes open at that time of morning and we ended up getting a biscuit at Hardees where we got carded because apparently you need to be over 75 to eat a biscuit at 8:00 on a Saturday morning.
We then threw caution to the wind and went on a grand adventure to the hardware store to buy wood pellets for the smoker/grill, followed by a trip to see Mr. Luther at the pig farm to buy some pork product for our Super Bowl supper, then window-shopped at the mall until it was time to pick the boys up from school.
We are so exciting.
3. Dear Peyton, I’m sorry you lost your football game last night (and I’m not really sorry I ate that second piece of King Cake).
4. Our favorite commenter, ImNotNed, is stranded in three feet of snow. He ain’t going anywhere for a day or two. Go over and say hello to him. I’m sure he’s ready to talk to someone, anyone, Bueller, anyone, to keep from getting cabin fever.
5. I’m “mother-in-law coming to visit” cleaning this week. ‘Nuff said.
What are you doing today?
Have a nice day.