In which I use yet another list because I can’t string a cohesive thread through everything I want to talk about today….
1. Friday night I went to a Soup-er Bowl Party with a bunch of girlfriends from my Sunday School class and, OH WHAT FUN to sit around the appetizer table and not have to fight the men for a share of the Buffalo Chicken Ranch dip. We laughed, we cackled, we talked recipes and chick flicks, and, most of all, enjoyed being together. I feel so blessed to have such amazing women in my life.
2. Speaking of fun, on Saturday I went to my friend Cheryl’s house and raided her closet for some island-y clothes to wear to Jamaica. I just happened to be there while she was doing a little cooking ahead for a party she’s throwing in a few weeks and in addition to scoring a cute dress with matching earrings, I scored a Tupperware container full of sauce and meatballs that went straight from her stovetop to my dining room table.
Thats-a lot-a meatballs….
3. I’m supposed to be bringing tiramisu for 50 to Cheryl’s shindig. I made two different recipes over the weekend and neither of them turned out the way I wanted them to, so it’s back to the drawing board to figure out what went wrong.
Fortunately, tiramisu is Mr. CPQ’s favorite dessert, so I have a willing taste-tester.
Unfortunately, tiramisu is Mr. CPQ’s favorite dessert, so I have a highly opinionated critic.
4. Speaking of Mr. CPQ, he stood over the washing machine all day yesterday and helped me get caught up on the laundry. I don’t know when I’ve ever loved him more.
5. Speaking of love, I have a beautiful Valentine garland on my fireplace mantle.
My friend Heather made it and had a giveaway on her blog for it last week and I didn’t announce it on my blog or even tell Whimzie about it (and I tell her everything) because I was selfish, selfish, selfish, and WANTED THAT GARLAND ALL TO MYSELF.
Sadly, I did not win.
Shamefully, I went back to Heather’s blog and left a snarky comment congratulatory message for my friend Gretchen, who did win.
Scandalously, I went to Heather’s Facebook page and left another little message saying that if for any reason Gretchen could not fulfill her duties as winner in the giveaway, I would be more than happy to step up and claim the prize, for I am giving that way.
Surprisingly, Heather found me at church on Sunday and GAVE ME A GARLAND ANYWAY.
Secretly, I am squealing every single time I walk through the room and see it.
Have a nice day.