This week has been a ZOOOOOOOOOO.
I would tell you all about it, but I am leaving on a jet plane in about six hours and I haven’t packed, cleaned bathrooms, or selected my reading material for the plane (oh, and theoretically, I’m supposed to sleep somewhere in between now and then as well).
1. Gretchen came to visit this week and we’ve had so much fun cackling and catching up on everything that has been going on since we last saw each other in Washington last summer. The highlight of the trip was introducing her to some other bloggy (and real life) friends at an ever-so-fun lunch Wednesday. You can read all about it and see a cute pic at New Every Morning’s blog.
2. I had a belated birthday celebration this week with my friend Cheryl. She gifted me with an evening cooking class at Southern Season, a foodie’s dream store. The theme was Northern Italy, and the food did not disappoint. I walked away with several new recipes, one of which was a chocolate hazelnut pudding that was TO DIE FOR and is now the new recipe I’m going to use for the upcoming party (instead of the problematic tiramisu).
3. I found a swimsuit. I will spare you the modeling of said swimsuit, but let’s just say it looks okay, and thank you, TJ Maxx, for having soft lighting in your dressing rooms.
4. Seeing as I’m not going to miraculously lose those last (or first, for that matter) 20 pounds, I have officially begun vacation eating.
5. Even though I’m leaving tomorrow, my house is being lived in and well protected by my in-laws, children, and psycho cat. You have been warned.
Have a nice day.