Playing along with Meredith, one day late, but she’s cool about stuff like that.
10 Random Thoughts
1. Sometimes I lie awake at night wondering if I’ll ever get some weird disease like exploding head syndrome. I know the chances are slim, but I’m also the girl who got triplets on one 50 mg. dose of Clomid.
2. I removed and replaced the boys’ toilet seat lid yesterday. I am both proud and horrified, and we will never speak of this again.
3. The boys had a sleepover last night. They spent most of the time in separate rooms on different computers playing against each other on-line.
4. Lest you think all my boys do is play computer games, they also shot up half my supply of Diet Coke with their BB guns as well as lit fires in the driveway.
5. I’m wondering if it’s too late to go for the girl. See #4.
6. I then remember #1 and banish all such thoughts.
7. I have moments where I wonder who my blog lurkers are. Moms? College kids? My third grade teacher? George Clooney? Whoever you are, it makes my day to have you here.
8. I made four dozen chocolate chip cookies two days ago and they’re all gone. They were quite possibly the best batch I’ve ever baked, and the difference was I decreased the amount of brown sugar by 1/4 cup in the recipe on the back of the yellow, name-brand chocolate chip bag, and increased the white sugar by the same amount. They were still soft and yummy coming out of the oven, but the next day they were perfectly crisp.
9. Two of my staple foods, Dean’s French Onion Dip and Jose Ole Taquitos, have been recalled. Adios, lunch plans and the bulk of my freezer.
10. The ACC Tournament starts this weekend, which means that half of North Carolina’s workforce is going call in sick on Friday with “tournament flu”. We are serious about our basketball in this state, and I’m looking forward to watching and cheering with everyone else, hopefully from the stands if I can score tickets from a friend that can’t go.
Have a nice day, and Go Duke!
(Sorry, Jack Chaney. And Sam.)