1. It is very cold on ferries in March.
2. Had I known #1, I would have worn something other than flip-flops.
3. There are no safety railings on ferries.
4. There are, however, vending machines, and giving my kids quarters kept them occupied in the enclosed lounge and away from the not-so-enclosed side of the boat.
5. My children have a pathological fear of sea gulls.
6. We spent all day by the sea. Where SEA gulls live.
7. Note to self: Never show them the movie The Birds.
8. The season doesn’t start until next week. Makes it a little hard to shop in fun little stores if they’re not open.
9. On the bright side, saved a boatload of money not buying souvenirs.
10. Will use that money to buy a sweatshirt today.
Have a nice day.