1. I’m glad this morning that I remembered to take my vitamins. I haven’t taken them in years don’t always consistently remember to take them as evidenced by the fact that I had to dig through three layers of Mr. CPQ’s vitamins before I found mine at the back of the cabinet shelf.
I hope that the 2007 expiration date doesn’t negate their efficacy.
2. In case I am harmed by #1, I’m glad the hospital is just down the street.
3. I’m glad we managed to make it through a library visit without having my name announced over the PA system.
4. I’m glad for my mom who talked me off a ledge yesterday and told me that I can’t be responsible for fixing everything in the world and to just LET IT GO.
5. I’m glad that I’ve learned to abandon unfinished craft projects and not feel guilty about it.
6. I’m glad that I’ve stuck to my quasi-vegetarian diet for a week. I don’t know if I’ve dropped any weight because I refuse to step on the scales for a month, but I feel pretty skippy about making healthier choices.
7. I’m glad Reece’s Peanut Butter Eggs are vegetarian.
8. I’m glad I’ve crossed two books off my “Books Whimzie Told Me To Read” list. I cried all the way to my mother-in-law’s house reading Same Kind of Different As Me, but smiled as I finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I still have quite a few left on the list, but I told her my goal this year was to read at least four of the ones she’s recommended to me.
I think the next one is The Help, but I’m #852 on the waiting list at the library for that one, so it may be a while. In the meantime, I’ve got four knitting books and six vegetarian cookbooks to pay fines on peruse until my name comes up.
9. I’m glad the iPad is out and other people have already bought it and posted reviews. I hear there is a WiFi problem, so I think I’ll wait to buy mine once that’s fixed (and when the prices drop).
10. I’m glad for outside (paid) work to keep a different part of my brain engaged. I’m also glad that I work as-needed and that things aren’t as busy right now as they were in the last two weeks. The laundry and the paper piles have grown by leaps and bounds and I’ve got time to tackle them with a vengeance today.
You know, as soon as I get off the computer, call my mom, fix breakfast, dust off the cat, have the third cup of coffee….
Have a nice day.
P.S. Are you glad about something? Play along with Gretchen, and tell the rest of us about it.