1. I’m really ready to get a handle on my new job responsibilities so that I can stop having crazy anxiety dreams. While slumbering last night I was treated to all sorts of ways to crash an airplane; I was ditched into the ocean, a river, and then, just for kicks, into the front of a terminal building.
It’s either anxiety or the extra slice of sausage and pepperoni consumed thirty minutes before bedtime.
With the Dunkin Donut Chocolate Munchkin chaser.
2. Mother’s Day was delightful. We went out for Mexican food after church and then the boys treated me to two delightful hours at the Lego Convention that was in town. I learned about a whole new brand of crazy as we filed past exhibit after exhibit designed by AFOLs (Adult Fans of Lego) and their NLSOs (Non-Lego Signficant Other). I just didn’t know that this kind of underworld existed, and now that I do, it kinda’ makes my head hurt.
3. I keep thinking about and chuckling over this post of Melanie’s.
4. My summer vacation trip is 70% planned. We’re hitting Cadillac Ranch and having lunch at the Big Texan in Amarillo with my sorority little sis on our way to Albuquerque and Santa Fe. From there we’ll go to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and Las Vegas before turning around and heading back east via Pike’s Peak (with a stop to say hello and share a cup of coffee with Meredith). The details get a little fuzzy from there and I’ll work on them in the next couple of weeks as I research the best path to take back.
5. I won Mary’s Starbucks card giveaway, and it arrived this past weekend. I had to laugh because she knew I was coffee-less last week so she priority mailed it to me and wrote across the envelope “MEDICAL EMERGENCY”.
I clearly don’t have a lock on being overly dramatic.
Hope your week is full of great things and sweet dreams.
Have a nice day.
P.S. Nicole, I hope you did well on your finals.