1. I am officially over the Western Omelette. I have tried eight ways to Sunday to get the flavor combination just so but after this morning’s fiasco, I’m ready to part ways and wish it well.
2. I broke down and finally bought the shampoo my stylist has been nagging me to buy to manage my big Texas hair and it has tamed it so much that it just hangs limply now and I don’t know how to style it.
Not that I knew how to before.
3. I was looking forward to fixing an easy snack supper for the kids but the neighborhood boy is still here playing and I don’t want him going home and telling his mother that I feed my kids mozzarella sticks for dinner.
4. Only two more school days left and I feel fairly confident in saying, “Yay! We all passed!”
There’s a little bit of family history of not getting through 4th grade on the first try so I was sweating it.
5. I’ve tried this new recipe for ice cream this week and got quadruple thumbs up from the family.
6. Due to some mis-communication, I currently find myself with two gallons of half and half in my fridge and no clear vision for how to get rid of it.
And I don’t need a clearer vision of my thighs to understand the negative implications of this situation.
7. I finished The Help last week and I really liked it. I’m two-thirds of the way toward fulfilling my commitment to Whimzie that I would read three books that she recommended to me. Next on the list is The Heart Mender by Andy Andrews (and if you haven’t read Andrews’ The Traveler’s Gift, you’re missing a gem of a book).
8. I haven’t picked up my knitting needles in a month. I hope this doesn’t mean I’m over this hobby because I have enough yarn for eighteen more projects as well as three pieces still in the basket waiting to be finished.
Lack of closure has always been an issue with me.
9. After years of drinking coffee with a cup splash of cream and two Splendas, I have switched to drinking it black. It was a little bit of an adjustment but after three weeks I’m used to it now.
10. I’ve also switched from drinking a quart of coffee a day (and, yes, you read that correctly) to only a cup.
And that experiment hasn’t gone so well.
And may not last.
Have a nice day.