Thank you, Meredith, for enabling my love of the list.
1. This may be my one and only sports-related blog post.
2. The World Cup starts tomorrow.
3. It is a soccer tournament.
4. I played soccer as a youngster.
5. I was the goalie.
6. Not because I had excellent skills.
7. But because I couldn’t run down the field without throwing up and/or gasping for breath.
8. I somewhat obsessively kept World Cup scrapbooks as a child.
9. I always cheered for Argentina.
10. Because they had the cutest players.
11. One year my dad bought a bigger television specifically for World Cup watching.
12. I about fell over when he did that.
13. He even let us watch it DURING SUPPER so we wouldn’t miss a game.
14. I love my dad.
15. And I still love Argentina.
Have a nice day.