1. We had our best meal in New Mexico Tuesday morning at Sophia’s Place in Albuquerque. It was also featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and with ten tables inside and the bathroom outside and around back, it definitely qualified as a dive. The food, though, was so delicious. Mr. CPQ and I both had the huevos rancheros and the kids had breakfast burritos that were bigger than their heads.
2. We crossed the Western Continental Divide today. Funny, we crossed the Eastern Divide on the first day of our trip which seems like it was eons ago.
3. Speaking of eons, we toured the Petrified Forest and saw the remains of ancient trees littered across the ground.
Yeah, that was about as exciting as it sounds.
4. In other news, we drove past the forest fires in Flagstaff. We couldn’t see any flames, but we saw the smoke from 70 miles away.
5. I stood on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.
6. We drove past the Wigwam Motel in Holbrooke and I wish we had made reservations there. How cool would that have been?
7. We have yet to see a cactus.
8. We had dinner at the Pine Cafe in Williams. They are known for their pie.
9. Mr. CPQ had the strawberry cheesecake pie which is the single slice with the red topping on the lower right side in the picture. I had the Boston Creme.
10. I’m already planning my post-vacation diet.
Have a nice day.