1. Yesterday was my celebratory back to school manicure and pedicure. Usually I go to my regular strip mall place but I had a gift certificate to a local spa that Mr. CPQ won at a golf tournament raffle and he gave to me because he’s a smart man so I went the hoity-toity route which turned out not to be relaxing BECAUSE THEY HAD A/AN UNISEX WAITING LOUNGE AND IT IS NOT RELAXING TO SIT IN A BATHROBE IN FRONT OF STRANGE MEN WEARING THE SAME.
And while I’m on the subject, since when do twenty-year old men go to the spa?
2. Today is my celebratory back to school massage.
3. Tomorrow is my celebratory back to school cut and color.
4. Thursday is my celebratory back to school Girl’s Night Out.
5. Friday is still in the planning phase.
6. The kids are celebrating that I remembered how to cook. After almost a month of mooching off my mom and restaurants three meals a day, I’m back in a cooking groove. Last night I made beef short ribs and served them over cheese grits parmesan polenta and they were RIDICULOUSLY delicious.
I admit, it was a little bit heavy for summer. I told Mr. CPQ to close his eyes and pretend it was November and chilly.
He did close his eyes after supper when he fell into a food-induced coma on the couch.
7. I watched a documentary about corn the other night and I may never eat processed food again.
8. I also watched a documentary about a man and his wife that live completely isolated from civilization about 120 miles north of the Arctic Circle. After watching them hunt and trap for their food, I realize what a pansy I am.
9. Obviously Mr. CPQ has been traveling a lot if I have time to stay up all night watching documentaries.
Have a nice day.