1. I’m glad that I remembered it was Picture Day.
Of course, one of my offspring has a scrape to memorialize which is par for the course because over the years we’ve also documented black eyes, questionable fashion, and an unsupervised incident with Dad’s hair trimmer.
2. I’m glad that Mr. CPQ and I have survived the first week of our new eating plan.
He has lost 10 pounds.
But I’m not bitter.
3. I’m glad to be back in a “try a new recipe” groove. I served beef roast for dinner last night that took 30 hours of prep and cooking time.
And it tasted like…….roast beef.
As we say in this house, it was a long run for a short slide.
4. I’m glad for unexpected surprises. My brother and his son invited my dad to fly from Oklahoma to Oshkosh for some big air show in his little plane (they will cringe that I don’t know the name of either the show or his plane), and while they were there they ran in to my uncle from California who also decided to go.
How weird is it that they all showed up from different parts of the country at the same place at the same time?
5. I’m glad the city has an appeal process for the parking ticket I received on Friday after we had our little incident.
Guess who forgot all about the meter after T fell down?
6. I’m glad that the fall TV season is almost here.
The endless loop of The Best Thing I Ever Ate is starting to get old and threatens to derail what little food discipline I have left.
7. I’m glad for OPI nail polish. It is all that and a bag of no chips.
Every time I look at my toes, it makes me laugh that the color is called “No, I’m not a waitress.” And those are Kellie’s toes beside mine. Can you tell which one of us has spent her summer by the pool?
8. I’m glad for dead lizards in my laundry room for their presence ensures that it is regularly swept.
9. I’m glad my neighbors haven’t called the homeowner’s association over the sword and the axe that are currently stuck in the tree stump in our front yard.
10. I’m glad I’m at the end of this list. Thank you, Gretchen, for hosting!
Have a nice day.