1. It was a little tricky, but I managed to eat only brown food yesterday. It started with chai and a pecan braid at Panera for breakfast, moved to a sandwich and seasoned french fries for lunch, and ended with peach cobbler for dessert at supper and breakfast this morning.
2. I wish I knew the trick to motivate myself to clean. I spent two hours up at the church cleaning out and organizing an office space that I’ll be using for an upcoming event, yet I can’t seem to find the two seconds it takes to pick up the dirty socks in my living room floor.
3. For my next trick I am going to find and catch my quasi-feral cat and stuff him in a box, go through carpool line listening to him howl and hiss, then pick up my quasi-feral children and take everyone to the vet.
4. I learned the trick that to make good peach butter, you have to stir every ten minutes.
Unfortunately, I learned that trick at minute twelve when I went to stir for the first time and everything burned on the bottom of the pan.
5. I got tricked when I walked into the communal bathroom at my lunch stop yesterday.
I assumed her to be female.
He was not.
But smiled anyway when I said, “Have a nice day, ma’am.”