1. I learned that I am a little obsessed with bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers. I drove for 9 hours today and all I could think about was the sweet, spicy, smokey flavor of these little beauties that Whimzie and I made.
Actually, Whimzie did most of the work. I showed her my hangnails and we decided it might be best if I stayed away from the slicing and de-seeding prep work.
I did NOT, however, stay away from the taste testing.
2. I learned that the floorboards of my car can absorb a 20 ounce coke.
3. I learned that a couple of my eleven year olds couldn’t absorb that spilled coke needed to be cleaned up.
4. I learned that certain gas stations carry Blue Bell Ice Cream in a snack-size.
And those three little ounces of Homemade Vanilla were the only things that stood between me and the 6:00 news after we had a little too much togetherness during the trip.
5. And lastly, I learned that we need to work on our vocabulary skills. We were seated around my mother-in-law’s dinner table when Tommy casually mentioned that JJ had homophobia. When I asked him if he knew what that meant, he told me of course he did; it meant JJ missed home.
You learn something new every day.