1. Shockingly, I haven’t given up on my running program. Yesterday I completed Week 3, Day 2 of my Couch to 5K program with a lovely little jaunt about the greenway with Heather who effortlessly chatted while she ran and I didn’t want her to think I was a wimp so I sucked it up and persevered even though I was sure I’d left my lungs somewhere on the sidewalk.
2. I think my canning phase is over, at least until next summer.
My eating toast phase, however, continues; I have enough peach jam to last through nuclear winter.
3. We tried Chubby’s Taco’s last night for the first time and I can guarantee that it won’t be the last.
The tacos were as delicious as the ones at my Mexican grocery except without the sketchy salsa bar and the questionable health ratings. I may or may not have been so enraptured that I walked back to the kitchen to offer my compliments to the line cooks.
Go, Raleigh friends, GO.
And if you want me to go with you, my calendar is open 🙂
4. I’m on the hunt for a new coffee pot. Ours died last night which meant that I had to go digging through the cabinet for the espresso machine that we bought when we got back from our honeymoon in Spain and have used approximately five times in fourteen years yet I can’t get rid of it because it reminds me of sipping espresso on the Plaza Mayor in Madrid.
Of course, the directions were nowhere near the machine and I haven’t used it since the last coffee pot broke three years ago so I quite possibly overfilled it and spent most of the morning being EXTREMELY zippy/overly peppy because I drank the whole carafe by myself forgetting that it was not single serve.
5. I don’t think I’ve ever written so random a list.
Have a nice day.