1. This jungle girl doesn’t do cold and it’s been cold all week. I have wanted to burrow under the covers every single morning but those pesky young ‘uns keep wanting to be fed so I’ve had to drag myself from between the flannel sheets and brave the elements in a less than perky manner.
Go ahead, friends from Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Canada, mock me.
2. I was looking for creative ways to keep the house warm so I made this toffee recipe because one step in the instructions said “Boil to 298 degrees”.
This version was topped with toasted pecans, but I had a teeny bit of toffee left in the pan so I made a couple of pieces topped with sea salt.
I now wish I’d made the whole batch that way.
3. After the toffee-making, I was still cold so I oven-baked my microwavable frozen dinner at 400 degrees for an hour.
4. The electric bill doesn’t come until January. I’ll worry about it then.
5. I still haven’t mailed Christmas presents to my family in Oklahoma, so wrapping, boxing, and braving the lines at the post office are all on my agenda today. I will attempt to do it without succumbing to hypothermia.
Stay toasty, my friends.
Have a nice day.