1. My children practiced the art of hospitality yesterday. A friend of mine was driving by the house and decided to pop in for a quick visit. The boys saw her car and ran out to greet her and told her to go on inside and that she would find me in the back of the house.
So she did.
And she found me.
In my bedroom.
Taking a nap.
Scared the living bejeebers out of me.
2. I’m back on the meal planning wagon. I took inventory of the freezer and pantry supplies and I’ve easily got a month’s worth of meals stashed away. Other than milk, eggs, bread, and produce, I’m going to try to avoid a major grocery run for the next four weeks.
Another plus? Less to pack and move when we sell this house.
Which we haven’t yet.
Because it takes us a sweet forever to get around to doing things.
Hello, unfinished quilt.
3. Today’s purple smoothie was brought to you by green grapes, frozen strawberries, and red cabbage. It was delicious.
4. If you’ve tried calling to discuss my current smoothie fixation, you might have gotten a constant ring when you dialed our number. Our house phone went out three days ago and we’re considering not getting it fixed and just switching to cell phones.
If you are an IRL friend, please call my cell phone if you need to chat (and email me if you need the number).
5. After four failed attempts at crocheting rows that contain an equal number of stitches, I ditched the hook and picked up my faithful knitting needles and started a new project last night.
They’re wrist warmers which will keep my hands toasty and accessorized and hopefully the cheerful orange and yellow will lift my spirits while I wait for this interminable winter to end.
Plus I don’t have to worry about fiddling with knitting fingers.
And they’ll still allow me to text.
Have a nice day.