1. I discovered the reason my work contract was inadvertently ended was because they kept sending renewal notices to my former boss.
I say “former” because she got laid off.
And no one bothered to update the procurement people.
2. I discovered that when your contract is terminated, all your program/data files are erased from the network.
And no, I didn’t save anything to my hard drive because I was concerned that my laptop would get stolen or the hard drive would crash, and the network servers are the safest place to store data, right?
3. I discovered that IT likes to make life difficult because they don’t like to go hunting on backup servers for lost data.
4. I discovered that stressing over losing three years worth of work can bring on a migraine.
5. I discovered that migraines can make you hurl.
I’m an over-sharer.
That’s why I blog.
6. I still want my mommy when I’m sick.
7. Life looked a little brighter this morning when I remembered I had parked a copy of my program files on a shared drive last November so that other people could access it for analysis. And yes, they were still there.
8. I celebrated by getting my hair done.
Again with the over-sharing.
9. My stylist said he wanted to be on the blog (Hi, Scott!)
10. And I now have bangs.
And bags under my eyes.
Have a nice day.