1. My husband found cheese in my refrigerator that had expired in November of 2009.
He ate it.
I have no words.
2. I tell that story as a humorous counterpoint to the not-so-funny behavioral referral form that came home from school yesterday for me to sign.
Again, no words.
Except to say that parenting is not for the faint of heart.
3. And on another light note, I successfully managed to make a bad situation worse this morning in carpool when I tried to help a woman whose lock was jammed on her car door. I not only jammed it further, but also break off a vital piece in the process.
As a consolation, I gave her directions to the Chevy dealership and my phone car charger cord so she could bungee the door shut long enough to drive there.
Seriously, don’t ever ask me to help you with anything.
4. Speaking of help, I don’t ask for it very well and this week I’ve had to ask three times for some assistance.
I think God’s trying to teach me something and I’m sure it’ll be the subject of a very long blog post when I can sit down to think it through.
5. The eating of the expired cheese episode is really bothering me.
6. We ordered shoes on-line from Zappo’s at 9:37 Tuesday night and they were on my doorstep by noon the next day. And shipping was free, by the way. They may be my new favorite company.
7. Shhh…don’t tell the deer but the daffodils are blooming in my yard.
8. I will have a passel of church ladies descending on my house this evening for a meeting and my house is not “passel of church ladies” clean. I think instead of spending my time vacuuming and scrubbing, I’m just going to make a boatload of desserts to serve while we chat amongst the dust bunnies.
It’s hard to pass judgment over a piece of pound cake.
9. I may singlehandedly (YES THAT’S A WORD, SPELL CHECK!) topple this conference I’m working on.
10. The anxiety dreams I’ve been having about it have been delightful, though. Last night I dreamed I had dozens of pink baby elephants in my lap while Bill Clinton was chauffeuring me in a motor home.
Yep, no words.
Have a nice day.