1. I find it amusing that my husband can agonize over spending $0.89 vs. $0.99 for a can of kidney beans, yet feels no qualms about potentially buying two cars and a house over the course of the next three months.
I, on the other hand, am freaking out, having anxiety dreams and frequently wake up in the middle of the night wondering if I’m too old to move in with my mother.
2. I woke up Saturday morning, strolled in the kitchen, wordlessly consumed the usual cup or six of coffee while my husband read me the important news of the day, and after an hour of quiet, peaceful communion, he asked what was on my agenda for the day and I said, “I don’t have anything planned.”
Except that as I walked over to the fridge to return the half and half, I noticed the calendar.
And noticed that I had something written in Saturday’s block.
And noticed that I had just missed an event that I had known about and planned on attending since last AUGUST.
3. Speaking of last August, we went back to look at a house that we’ve had our eye on since last summer. We are inches closer to making an offer on it. I know our friends that live across the street from that house wish we’d JUST GET ON WITH IT ALREADY since they’re tired of parking junky cars on blocks out in their driveway to scare off other potential buyers until we’re ready to pull the trigger.
Oh, I kid.
4. I am NOT kidding that Mr. CPQ found a package of pork sausage in the trunk of his car twenty-four hours after a trip to the grocery store and he tried to assure me that it was cool in the garage and that it was perfectly fine to eat.
I gave him $5 and threw it away.
5. I look forward to having fewer balls to juggle after we get past this move.
Have a nice day.
PS – Our track-out trip is going to be Philadelphia. If any blog peeps live near there, I’d love to have recommendations for things to see and do in the area.