1. I am in a little bit of shock as I just measured Tommy, my 11-year-old child with the size 12W shoe.
He is 5’10 and I don’t know what to do about that because in one more measly half-inch, he’ll be caught up with me.
Somebody, quick, send me a brick to put on his head.
2. Not to be outdone, JJ and Travis decided to grow THREE inches since the last time I measured them.
They are 5’3″ which means I still have a few more inches to get my bluff in.
3. We’ve been making some home improvements this week. After 5 years, we finally hung closet doors in our bathroom and Tommy’s room. I also figured out a way to push the stove all the way back so that it’s flush with the countertop.
Yes, it stuck out for 5 years and the fix took 4 minutes. I cringe to think of all the aggravation I could have saved myself if I had just taken the time to think it through and do something about it.
4. We painted the shutters black – they were 1970s white – and also fixed the carpet in the boys’ closet where it was ripped from that time the kids decided it would be fun to lock the cat in overnight and see what happened.
5. I’m ready for the April issue of Southern Living to come out so that I can stop making the pound cakes from the March issue. They had seven different variations, and I’ve made four in the last three weeks.
Frangelico pound cake? Yes, please.
It helps me get over the shock of seeing eye to eye with my baby boy.
Have a nice day.