While I’d love to be cheerful and bright, the truth is that this morning I’m trying to shake off discouragement and its accompanying cloud of funk because over the weekend the house we wanted to make an offer on once our house sold has gone under contract.
Mr. CPQ and I talked extensively last month about just going ahead and purchasing it but in the end agreed that we didn’t want the stress of making two mortgage payments if ours didn’t sell quickly.
And I know that was a sound decision.
And I feel peace that it was what we were supposed to do.
And I knew there was a chance that we could lose that house but I glibly said, “God’s going to hold it for us and if He wants us elsewhere, He won’t.”
And even though I said that, I’m
kinda’ sorta’ really disappointed this morning because I’m an optimist and always count my chickens before they hatch and was already placing furniture and picking paint color and I’m trying to practice not very well what I preach knowing that there’s something else better for us.
So it’s back to the drawing board, the real estate listings, the “should we build or should we buy” discussions, and the apartment scouting just in case our house sells before we find what we want (which has happened before and wasn’t altogether that awful). And I’m trying to rest on the fact that something better will come along but my “resting” sure does look an awful lot like “stewing”.
Have a nice day.