1. I had a delightful rice krispie treat for breakfast. Nutritionally speaking, I think it’s safe to say that this day can only go up from here.
2. I went house-hunting yesterday and didn’t see anything that worked for us, though it was fun to traipse through homes and see all kinds of neat features that I’d love to have in mine.
My kingdom for a large butler’s pantry.
3. The boys are out of school today and having a good time chasing each other around the house.
I’d tell them to run outside but what fun is playing zombie if you can’t do it in your underwear?
4. I had to go to court this week to testify in a felony assault with a deadly weapon case.
That was, um, interesting.
I got to court early and somehow felt compelled to tell everyone that came into the room that I was not a defendant and only there as a witness but Mr. CPQ pointed out that the fact I was NOT exposing my underwear or sporting a tattoo was probably a dead giveaway.
I counted fifteen tattoos within the first five minutes I was there.
And that was just on the woman sitting next to me.
5. Easter weekend is upon us and I still don’t have a plan for Sunday lunch. I was talking to Amy yesterday and we were discussing that if family were in town to visit, we’d have a big ole’ huge menu planned complete with yeast rolls and marshmallow fluff, but if it’s just the five of us and 3/5’s don’t like ham or deviled eggs, then it’s kinda’ hard to get ginned up about cooking.
I guess I could make another batch of rice krispie treats and call it a day.
It seems the last batch has gone missing.
Have a nice day.