1. I’m thankful that my cat decided to abandon whatever slithery thing had him occupied for most of yesterday morning.
And that The Thing has not made its presence known in the last twenty-four hours.
Out of sight. Out of mind.
2. I’m thankful for little boys who make lemonade out of lemons.
Or s’mores out of a shish kabob skewer, a mini marshmallow, and a Christmas Magic Yankee Candle.
3. I’m thankful for windows that let in warmth and sunlight because I haven’t figured out how to change the programmable thermostat and right now I might just be three shades of blue.
4. On that same theme, I’m thankful for sweatshirts and hot cocoa.
5. I’m thankful for a husband who makes me laugh.
We were watching (well, I was watching, he was ogling) Faith Hill sing the football theme song the other night and I happened to notice that she was wearing white capris (out of season! out of season!) and yet he was curiously silent on the subject about which I can assure you he is most passionate. So I turned to Craig and smilingly said, “Sweetheart, darling, love of my life, how come you don’t say anything when Faith wears capris and yet you rail against the fashion gods every time you see them on
me anyone else? ”
And without missing a beat he grinned and said, “What good is a principle without a healthy dose of flexibility?”
Have a nice day.