1. I bought the first Christmas present yesterday and I have to say, it has put me in the spirit. I am a rule follower when it comes to observing holidays in their season and not rushing ahead to the next one (and I refuse to have even the slightest hint of green or red in the house until the weekend after Thanksgiving) but in my head I can already hear the sleigh bells.
2. I signed up to host the 6th grade boys retreat at our house next weekend.
I think the Christmas spirit might have made me temporarily insane.
3. It’s Fun Friday which means I try to do something that gives me joy so today I’m going to the library to check out a boatload of books and I’m also going to spend some time in the sewing room working on my quilt (yes, the one from JANUARY) and a dress that I had planned on making back in September but never got around to cutting out the fabric.
I am also going to do some serious thinking about whether I want to finish this top I’ve been working on for a month that has turned into an unmitigated disaster. There’s no way I’m going to be able to wear it out in public without a sweater over it
to hide my inability to attach sleeves so I think I’m just going to chalk it up as a “learning experience” and move on.
4. Speaking of things that aren’t going so quickly, we’re attempting to build T’s stamina in his walker. He’s fighting it (it takes an enormous amount of effort on his part) and being a physical therapist is not my favorite part of the Mom job.
I’d appreciate your prayers that all of us would be disciplined and successful.
5. And finally, a Ranger Rick Safety Tip: If you submerge a Yankee Candle in water while the wax is still melted, it will never light again.
Have a nice day.