1. I had early appointments every day this week which is why I haven’t been around. I kept having visions of coming back later in the day and updating but nothing of significance happened that I felt was worth blogging about and for once I decided to keep my eyebrow waxing to myself.
2. Our cat disappeared exactly one week ago today and I think it’s time to put away the food bowl I’ve been keeping on the back porch just in case he’s still around. It’s not like him to miss a meal or ever be gone for longer than six hours because he loves
that we feed him us so I’m pretty sure that something bad happened to him.
As they say in some parts of the South, I think he done got ate.
But I’m living in my happy place that says someone else is giving him cat treats and snuggling with him in their lap right now.
3. In an attempt to expand our eating horizons, I’ve been trying some new things out. I’ve brought home different milks and cheeses and yogurts and this week we tried kefir for the first time and were pleasantly surprised. The tartness was a bit much for the kids at first but once I added some fruit and honey and blended it into a smoothie, the tang mellowed and they liked it.
At least that’s what they told me. I think they’d tell me anything just to make sure that I never again brought home that nasty goat milk that tasted like the goat died in it.
4. Yesterday was Craig’s 47th birthday and we celebrated it by purchasing matching reading glasses.
5. I’ve been forcing myself to walk down different aisles in the library and checking out books on new and unfamiliar subjects. This week I brought home a book on cheese-making but by the time I got to the third chapter I was starting to get the feeling that it was going to be a bit more complicated than I had anticipated and the author kept emphasizing words like “sterile” and “cleanliness” and just a cursory glance around my house told me that dog just wasn’t going to hunt.
Have a nice day.