1. I’m on the mend and I’m attributing it to Sandy’s taco soup and chicken tetrazzini that she sweetly (and from a safe distance) delivered last night so that my children would be fed something other than Pick An Item From A Frozen Box.
2. I’m glad that my energy is back because this house looks like an F5 hit it and Craig comes back in 8 hours and though I may have been down and out, it’s important to me that he come home to a picked-up house.
Even though most likely it was picked up two seconds before he walked in the door.
Because I like for him to think I have it all together.
Even though I don’t.
Trust me, it fools no one.
3. One of my boys has been talking about a very specific girl in his science class every.single.day this week. This is the child who has to be reminded of my first name on a regular basis and yet he knows her first and last name and what she wears to class every day.
Which includes leopard earmuffs.
4. I’ve been having inordinately obsessive thoughts about eating stuffing next Thursday.
And I realize that I don’t have to wait for the fourth Thursday in November to make it but for the sake of my thighs, I limit myself to once
(four times if you count leftovers) a year.
5. Speaking of thighs, I’ve become a convert to dark meat. I don’t know how or when that happened but it delights my children and husband to have one less person scrapping over the white.
And yet I don’t like dark meat in Chinese food or chicken salad.
It’s part of my charm.
Have a nice day.