1. My friend Gretchen and her husband raise chickens on a farm just north of town and they’ve started selling their extra eggs. I took delivery of a couple of dozen this past week.
Don’t you just love the green one? Some of the chickens lay “Easter eggs” that are a pale green or blue color.
It makes me happy.
But huevos rancheros made with Easter eggs makes me happier.
2. I took the day off yesterday to nourish the old creative spirit and spent some time wandering both Jo-Ann and Hancock Fabrics. I found a couple of projects to work on.
Though for the life of me I cannot figure out why I chose another project with sleeves. You’d think I’d learn after not being able to freely move my arms all day yesterday while wearing the top sewed last summer.
3. The back deck herb garden is adding a lot of zing to the kitchen. Last week’s favorite dish was pasta that had handfuls of chopped parsley, lemon oregano, and basil in it. I added a healthy dose of garlic, olive oil and parmesan cheese and threw some prepackaged grilled chicken breast strips into the mix. It was good, fast, and say it with me, one pot.
I’ve also been making herbal tea to drink at night by bruising a dozen leaves of mint and/or lemon balm and steeping them in hot water for about 10 minutes. Really tasty and an easy way to use up the overabundance of those prolific plants.
4. It’s almost summer and my favorite TV shows have gone to reruns so I’ve started the summer reading program. This summer I’m shooting for smarty-pants learning books instead of the usual fluffy stuff. I picked up Tony Robbins “Awaken the Giant Within” a couple of day ago and am thinking a lot about what he calls “the power of the decision”. Not sure how that’s going to translate into better meal planning or getting my laundry done, but I’m a couple of chapters in and really enjoying it.
5. Remember the sad little $4 table I found earlier this week at the thrift store?
It took a can and a half of spray paint
and someone please remind me next time not to wear white pants while waving tinted aerosol but it’s done and sitting out on the back porch bringing lots of joy and a sense of satisfaction.
I hope your week was equally enjoyable and full of fun.
See y’all on Monday.
Have a nice day.