1. Only a few more days and the boys finish the 6th grade
hopefully for the first and last time and will celebrate the occasion by turning 13. I’m a little misty about that.
2. I’m not so misty about the fact that there’s a snake loose in the garage and he’s choosing not to reveal himself and I’m a little freaked out that he will do so at an inopportune moment such as when my husband is out of town and I am left to fend him off on my own.
Come to think of it, my husband’s not so fond of them either so I’m on my own whether he’s here or not.
3. I met a new neighbor this morning. She was walking her German Shepherd and the dog reminded me of Princess, my childhood companion. I asked her if she would mind if I could pet him and she was very gracious to let me do so and while I scratched behind his ears, she and I introduced ourselves and chatted for a few minutes (we had some connections through Craig’s work – I love it when that happens). Before she left she invited me to join the neighborhood book club and I think I’m going to take her up on the offer. She said it was a good mix of women with ages ranging from 37 to 60 and they meet once a month, so that’s definitely doable. At the next get-together they’ll be discussing Rules of Civility.
I’ve never been part of a book club before. Are there rules? Do I need an opinion? An original thought? Or is it just an excuse to get together and eat snacks?
This could be fun.
4. I’ve made a few Pinteresting recipes this past week. I recommend the avocado and egg breakfast (used a corn tortilla instead of pita bread), the cheesy chicken and rice bake (totally phoned it in and used rotisserie chicken and Uncle Ben’s microwave in the bag rice) and the mocha frappuccino that had the broken link so I can’t direct you to that website.
So here’s the picture that someone took and I borrowed and dear Anonymous Photographer, your photograph is beautiful and please don’t sue me.
5. But for the love of Pete, do not make the oatmeal banana breakfast cookies because they are awful.
And if you repinned them from my page, I am sorry for leading you astray and promise to be more judicious in the future.
Have a nice day.