What I really feel like writing for Five on Friday: Things I did this Week
1. Looked at the walls.
2. Looked at the walls.
3. Looked at the walls.
4. Wondered if the walls should be painted.
5. Looked at the walls some more.
That pretty much sums things up which doesn’t give me a whole lot of material to work into a blog post but lack of cohesive topic has never stopped me from blogging before so we’re just going to roll with it.
Actually, it wasn’t all stare at the walls this week. I did get out last Saturday for a few hours and Sunday was my day to go to church (Craig and I are taking turns til it gets a little easier to get T in the car) and sweet Rachel stopped by a couple of times to chat and cheer me up so it has been a good week and for that and other things, I’m grateful.
1. I am grateful the Olympics are almost over because I’ve spent so many hours on the couch watching sporting events that the cushions are starting to get a little indentation that I feel might become permanent should things not wrap up quickly so I can move on to other things in the house.
Or cooking meals that we eat AT THE TABLE instead of in the living room while
Craig we cheer on women’s beach volleyball dressage.
2. I’m grateful Travis was able to get out of the house this week for the first time since his surgery. We went for a stroll in the wheelchair to a nearby shopping center and got celebratory haircuts and did a little treat shopping at the grocery store.
The sympathy factor was clearly a little high as we went through the aisles.
3. I’m grateful that the school-at-home program has started and someone has new educational things to do a few afternoons a week.
4. I’m grateful I only made one pan of these Pinteresting breakfast muffins since they were pretty much horrible.
Note to self: Eggs rise in the oven.
And stick to metal.
And taste nasty when they’re overcooked.
5. I’m grateful for shoe sales and girlfriends on the other end of text messages who always say “BUY THEM” regardless of the fact that it might make me look like I’m auditioning as an extra in Aladdin III: Jasmine in the Middle Ages.
I hope your week has been full of shoes and friends and non-burned food and other things for which to be grateful as well.
Have a nice day.