1. After 16 years of marriage, the husband has made a polite request to no longer see steamed broccoli on the table. I am frantically searching for new methods of preparation because broccoli is one of the few vegetables upon which ALL the Carpool Kids agree. Ack!
2. I got a new oven and am no longer burning biscuits, cookies, casseroles and basically everything that went in the door. My family is happy.
3. It’s quite possible that my head will explode before the elections take place. I enjoy partisan politics tremendously and for the past two weeks have yelled at the television with the enthusiasm and volume most often reserved for team sports or a battle cry. It either needs to be November 6 or a Xanax at this point.
4. Cold front coming through tomorrow to drop us out of the 90s. Time for fall decorating!
5. As I type this at 5:45 on a Friday afternoon, there is no active or willful movement towards a supper plan. Sadly, I used my pizza chit earlier in the week. I’m hoping a cheerful, cheesy grin when C walks in the door earns us a trip to the neighborhood Mexican joint.
If that doesn’t work, I’ll pull out some broccoli.
Have a nice day.