1. I still have fall decorations out. In my head, I can’t decorate for Christmas until the calendar says December, so today is the last day to enjoy the browns and oranges and pumpkins and wheat stalks.
Oh, Autumn. You were glorious.
2. I made a praline glazed pumpkin coffee cake this week that was sorta’ tasty and I had to leave it at Heather’s house because had I brought it home, it would have forever lived on my thighs.
3. In the “social media is fun” category, I got to judge a
Christmas holiday cookie contest this past week. I follow the food writer for our local paper and a few weeks ago she tweeted out the opportunity to bake and judge reader-submitted recipes for an upcoming edition. About 15 people responded and we were each assigned a recipe to bake (mine was from the early 1900s) and bring to the judging event.
I thought my cookie was less than stellar but after eating some of the other entries (one was non-edible), I decided maybe it wasn’t so bad after all. I can’t give you the results because they haven’t been published yet, but I can tell you that as soon as I left the building, I drove straight to the nearest Cookout for a greasy cheeseburger to balance out all that sugar.
4. #2 and #3 notwithstanding, I’ve lost 20 of the 30 pounds I gained over the summer.
5. This weekend is shaping up to be busy and fun. Friends are coming over this afternoon to visit/play, we’re going to a gingerbread house decorating party tomorrow, and once we solve the yearly dilemma of live versus fake tree, we’ll get the house decorated for the holidays.
Winter, we greet thee joyously.
And in due time.
Have a nice day.