And I’m over the moon.
He has the most beautiful blue eyes you’ve ever seen and the squeakiest tiny meow and he’s wrapped all of us around his pinky pad paws. Today’s Five is All About Max.
1. He hails from the mountains of Western North Carolina and is just over 5 weeks old. My friend Amy brought him to me (he was born to her grandmother’s cat) Wednesday afternoon and I had a few hours to play with him before the boys came home.
I introduced him to his food and his litter box and was not at all obsessed with making sure he could chew and swallow the kitten chow.
2. The boys were excited to meet him. They’ve been begging for a replacement pet since the day Cosmo met
his untimely end the fox and the second they walked through the door we made introductions.
The kids aren’t too keen about holding him yet since his claws are razor sharp but that doesn’t mean they haven’t been loving on him. They’re all constantly taking pictures of him and Tommy has decided Max needs to learn to play DS.
Please excuse the assault rifle on the chair.
I have squirrel issues.
3. Since he’s a little young, we’re having to teach him a few things. He doesn’t know that he can eat by himself so, for now, I’m having to accompany him into the laundry room for feeding time and I’m also having to teach him that kitty litter is meant for disposal, not consumption.
4. He loves to climb (mainly my leg) and explore and pounce and skitter across the floor, but mainly, he enjoys sleeping. A boy after his mama’s heart.
5. No, I haven’t done a single thing since he got here other than this.
Welcome to the family, Max. We’re all a little crazy about you.
Have a nice day.