1. I have no theme today. Try to contain your disappointment.
2. Did anyone watch Graceland last night? It premiered on USA Network and I think I’m going to like it. It has intrigue but not too much, action but not too much, and a mystery that isn’t too scary and, yes, I am the milquetoast of TV watchers because I don’t like shows that are too much edgy or dramatic because it stresses me out. I need to laugh, not have to watch through my fingers, and be able to go to sleep afterwards without having to spend hours trying to figure out what happened.
I’m looking at you, LOST.
And Mentalist every time there’s a Red John themed episode.
3. Dinner last night was an absolute bomb. I mean, how bad can chicken farfalle with basil walnut pesto be? Bad, people, BAD. I found the recipe in a pressure cooker cookbook and I thought, “Pasta? In a pressure cooker?” and the intrigue overrode the warning signals my brain was sending out and it was so foul that I didn’t finish it and the boys politely ate but I know they didn’t like it because this morning they said they’d rather buy industrial chili dogs from the school cafeteria rather than take the leftovers.
And I gladly forked over the lunch money and may or may not have added a little extra apology money to make up for the disappointment.
4. I’m looking for reading recommendations. I will read most anything except for gory, scary, intensely action packed thrillers because see #2 above. A friend recommended The Brothers Karamazov and I am struuuuugggling through it because a) I’m not as smart as he is, b) I don’t think like a Russian and c) supposedly there are underlying spiritual themes and I’m stressing that they aren’t readily apparent and d) it’s all just a lot of pressure for a summer read.
5. I ordered the Silhouette machine last night. Be prepared for craftiness galore in the weeks to come.
And to my sister-in-law, be prepared for texts asking how in the world to use it.
Have a nice day.